Saturday, March 7, 2009

seattle trip

For about 10 days, I'm in the Seattle area for vacation and for a conference. For the next few days, I'm staying with my friend, Julia, who I haven't seen for 10 years. (I last saw her when I was still in grad school in Newfoundland.)

She actually lives an hour away from Seattle--in Spanaway, which I call a suburb of a suburb.(Spanaway is a suburb of Tacoma, which I view as a suburb of Seattle, though I'm sure residents would disagree with that assessment.) I got in last night, and I felt like I'm in the middle of nowhere. But that's okay. I haven't seen Julia in a long time. And we've got a lot of things planned in Tacoma and Seattle.

Though there are a lot of things I'm interested in doing--I've got a long list of activities and restaurants--I'm okay with going with the flow. At this point, rest is just as good as sightseeing, especially since conference time will be hectic. So, we'll see what we actually end up doing.

No comments: